Kingdom Hearts New Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Hearts New Frontier

New worlds, new weapons, new friends, new enemies

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Roleplay(must read)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kikiyo237
Admin
kikiyo237

How to Roleplay(must read) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay(must read)   How to Roleplay(must read) I_icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:10 am

What roleplaying is and how I do it

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters. In this case, the character is either a character from the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians or a made-up character. Please ask me if you'd like to be a real character.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the first person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

cassie wrote:
I grit my teeth and slash at a dracaenae with Swiftness, my sword.
"Get behind!" I yell at Annalse, who's attempting to fight a hellhound.

And then she might say:

nicoluva158 wrote:
I hear Cassie yelling at me and I slash through the hellhound, vaporizing it. I yell "Got it!" at her and rush behind the dracaenae.

Powerplaying

Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying. Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

cassie wrote:
I grit my teeth and slash at a dracanae with Swiftness, my sword.
"Get behind!" I yell at Annalse, who's attempting to fight a hellhound. Annalse drops her sword and does a funny dance.

Out of Character

There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

cassie wrote:
I grit my teeth and slash at a dracaenae with Swiftness, my sword.
"Get behind!" I yell at Annalse, who's attempting to fight a hellhound.
OOC: get behind the dracaenae and kill her

And then she might say:

nicoluva158 wrote:
OOC: sure! haha, my dog is making weird noises :0
BIC:I hear Cassie yelling at me and I slash through the hellhound, vaporizing it. I yell "Got it!" at her and rush behind the dracaenae.

As you probably can figure out, BIC means back in character.

Double Posting

One thing I don't like is double-posting. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts

I also hate it when people do really short posts, like:

cassie wrote:
I lace up my sneakers.

And then they double post:

cassie wrote:
I get ready to run.

cassie wrote:
I start running.

cassie wrote:
I finish running and sit down.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

cassie wrote:
I lace up my sneakers and get ready to run, stretching down to my toes. I start running and run for about five minutes. I'm already exhausted, so I finish running and sit down, gulping down my water.

See? Isn't that so much better than above?
Back to top Go down
https://kh-newfrontier.forumotion.com
AikaQuarius

AikaQuarius

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay(must read)   How to Roleplay(must read) I_icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 12:12 pm

yeah, got it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jake44

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay(must read)   How to Roleplay(must read) I_icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 4:09 pm

ya got it =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay(must read)   How to Roleplay(must read) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Roleplay(must read)
Page 1 of 1